Its my free will,its my opinion,its my way with words Like it this way Join in..and lets share our words!!..all I have to offer is my little share of it! Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.

Aug 3, 2013

Soulful Shekhar! (my interview with Shekhar Ravjiani)

The first time I saw Shekhar. At a coffee shop in Bandra, waiting for his cup of coffee, watching the rain, and loving every bit of his time alone, while he stays connected with his people , busy on his mobile. A man with so much poise, you wouldn't want to disturb his world.

Talk of someone who is effortless when it comes to reaching out, and creating a mark. Reserved, calm ,yet mysterious.He makes Bollywood sound good, has ventured into making other languages sound good as well.

A man of thoughts, and someone who doesn't come with a heavy load of all that self love ,but more love for his work, and the people in his life.


Soulful
This time it is..Shekhar Ravjiani! (breathes music.lives music)

1) If I say instrumental music can still mean a few words. What would yours convey?

For me there is only one kind of music.Music that's from the heart.Honest and real

2) Love makes the world a better place.Your personal experience?

Love like music, is one language everyone understands.In my experience, there's no substitute for the power of love when it comes to dealing with every type of relationship in our lives.

3) Your Marathi single 'Saavli' even though a language alien to many, was well appreciated by a lot of people from different states. What's your 'connect' mantra?

Music is the most universally understood language.And when people can feel the emotion behind a song, it doesn't matter whether they understand the lyrics or not.Make a piece of music with love and it will connect with anyone.Thats my mantra

4) Have you ever had a memorable moment,a life changing experience that changed the course of things for you?

Memorable many.Life changing many.Nothing changes the course of things for me.I go with the flow and leave it to destiny.

5)In 'Saazni' your video, I saw someone who loves to travel, loves places.Would you do a similar video for another state, hmm...Kerala?(smiles)

I am always looking for new challenges and adventures.I'd absolutely love to do something for Kerala which happens to be one of my favourite places in India.


6) Your industry friends are very fond you and your work.Like Shahrukh Khan, and the others. But is the field lonely? .Do you miss genuine contacts?
Saavli moments....
I've been very fortunate to work with a few good people in the business. If you are positive, everything around looks positive ;-)

7) You see a lot of young kids on Indian Idol Junior as a judge, how has this journey been with India's future musicians? :)

Being a judge on this show has been an overwhelming experience and its been my good fortune to be able to witness and mentor the future of tomorrow. Which looks extremely promising.

8) What's the best way to market good work, and your take on bad work that still works?

Again.Stay honest and real and the work markets itself.No one does bad work intentionally.It's always gauged by the audience.

9) Shekhar on a day off. Shekhar ,the person ?

Just another guy who likes to spend the day off with the people he loves..family,friends..they're ultimately the ones who make me who I am.

10) Any regrets, Shekhar?

Life's a gift. and you've just got to make the most of it.There should be no room for regret.

On that note! Those of you who haven't listened to his Marathi single yet.Please do listen to Saazni and Saavli. Saavli is Shekhar's recent Marathi single,and the proceeds go to 'Ma Niketan' , for the education of  girl children.Noble cause.Great going Shekhar!

Beautiful listening to you speak your mind.Thanks a ton for taking time out for something so candid Shekhar.

Wish you all the very best. More souls to win. More power to music.
:)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment