Its my free will,its my opinion,its my way with words Like it this way Join in..and lets share our words!!..all I have to offer is my little share of it! Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.

Apr 8, 2011

11 wonder boys! :)

Phhhhewww!!!..and I finally get a big break from commerce,taxation,accounts,auditing and what not!.This blog post has been on my mind ever since the world cup began,but I had to wait till we won(due to the university exams,which was postponed thrice,deep sighh of relief!),but never is it too late to express my great passion(can call it a developed passion) for the game.
As a kid I knew , Kapil Dev,I knew Sachin Tendulkar ,I knew Alan Border,cricket for me was more like a few big names,and an entire team clinging on to the support of these huge pillars of strength,tactics and in Sachin;s case,magic!,a hundred,a two hundred.I felt everything got a little too overrated,and the tv blasting in the background put me off.
I grew up,and once I started seeing things change,players change,more people coming in,and a humble captain,I felt ,cricket ain't all that monopolistic.I started watching a couple of matches with my dad.I was taken to cochin to watch an india-pak match,the sight of ravi shastri was just woww for a little girl who just heard their voices on tv.
And there..time passed by..and we had our young man dhoni as our skipper.

Oh lord ! Enough and more of 1983 in the papers,I feel like going back to sleep,fresh news is what we need I felt
I cannot imagine how I can remain glued to the tv watching a match,when I have an exam the next day.
The final,India -Srilanka.All eyes on mallinga's hands,cursing every little strand of his curly blonde hair fallin over his face,as he bowls to Sehwag.I wonder why!,but I had this thought cross my mind, "What if Sachin gets out?" ..hmm..dhoni's team would win it for us,for sachin.".
And there..in a few balls..we had both our opening batsmen out.sehwag for a zero.I heard my friends switched off their tv sets ,in great despair.That was exactly when I started gaining more interest in the match.I thought we can still chase it and win,eventhough people felt 275 is a big score.Somebody had to take the role of the 'wonder boy',gautam gambhir and dhoni,what an innings!,whose the wonder boy ? ,i questioned myself.3 runs short of hundred doesnt make me not choose gambhir as the wonder boy,but a simple 92,from a great struggle,and leading his team from the forefront,I'd say,Dhoni made his team,and his nation feel like ,
"Today!,Sachin dint let us down,it had to happen like that,so that,we can stand by him,and get a chance to step into the shoes of 11 wonders boys ,with invisible sachin masks,to get that glorious cup!
And yes! "Sachin! We did it for you!,Hopping up and down in joy,are your 11 little boys!"
ps:
Dhoni is a player who can rise up to the occassion and prove it,and i feel humility is the key to success,and this man will go a loong lonng way!
Sreeshanth didnt misbehave!,so yeah thats the criteria to count him as a wonder boy,he he he!
Kudos! to Yuvraj,Zak and all the others!

(Click click!)

1 comment:

  1. I..P...L..!!!
    Here I come!!
    Exams done! Yoohoo! :-)
    Chennai Super Kings v/s Kolkata Knight Riders!!!!!
    CSK! You have my support!,and gambhir,you have mine too! he he he!

    ReplyDelete