Its my free will,its my opinion,its my way with words Like it this way Join in..and lets share our words!!..all I have to offer is my little share of it! Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.

Jul 6, 2011

In the memory of Chintha Ravi uncle

Dad's group of friends were never strangers to us,unlike few other malayalee families where the men of the house would hang out with their friends,would be away late at night,but the wife and kids wouldn't know the man's circle of friends,his close friends,and the likes.For us it wasn't just quite different,but it was a lot different from other families.As a typical journalist's kids we grew up,My sister and I were involved in every phase my father passed,as a journalist,his friends,his colleagues,his admirers and fans and the outside world.

My mother who has always been a very social person ,never set curfews for my dad,since she believed he knew his limits,and his close friends were close to her as well.When I heard the news of Ravi uncle's demise,the pictures of our medical college flat,the ash trays lying around,the mess there,it all started playing in my mind like a horrifying video,shot after shot,each clip playing an replaying.Ravi uncle used to live in our medical college apartment,for a period of time,that apartment was more of a bachelor's playground,where there were married men discussing journalism and other topics over drinks and cigarettes,my dad's hangout zone it was,press club wouldn't stand a comparison.My mom never cribbed about cleaning the mess,since she knew how important those people were in dad's life.OK Johny uncle,Ravi uncle,Pradeep uncle and many others who visited often.
I fall short of words to express how he connected so well with my dad,and never would I be able to even explain his greatness verbally,he was like family .I was a small kid when 'Endae Keralam' used to be telecasted on Asianet,but I feel like I saw the programme only yesterday.Medical college apartment is still there,tenants from IT companies occupy it,they pay the cheque on the first day of every month,and that is all we know about it.
I can tell you how blessed I am ,to have met such a lovely person in my life.
He was a man with a lot of thoughts,a man who wished he could do a lot more,but that is destiny,he died before fulfilling many of those wishes.The memories he left behind will hold us through,all our lives.I still feel incomplete,and want to write more,but I just can't get the flow here..just cant seem to.

No comments:

Post a Comment